DTC certificate rear shorten / frame shorten / Cafe Racer BMW K75 / K100 / K1100 / K1
As a specialist for BMW K Caferacer, we have taken the trouble to have our frame conversion checked at the DTC (Dynamic Test Center AG, Vauffelin). With our certificate you have no problems with road traffic and can register all changes in the vehicle id card. The most important things about the DTC certificate:
- Our DTC certificate allows the adjustment of the frame of all K-models: K75, K75C, K75 RT, K75S, K100, K100 LT, K100 RS, K100 RT, K1100 LT, K1100 RS, K1 (CH vehicles as well as self-imports with type certificate X)
- The frame can be shortened from the middle mounting point Fedebein up to a maximum of 55mm
- The frame ends can either be welded, left open or intended for the recording of blinkers
- The knot plate on the left, incl. Lock, may be completely removed
- You can visually adjust the knot plate on the right side with the strut holder according to the pattern on the report
- It is allowed to weld a loop (angular or round) at any angle
- A seat fastener (e.g. a flat iron with holes) must be welded in
- No socius allowed, registration is made as a place
If you don’t know everything about motorcycle conversion, you will find helpful information in our blog post“Motorcycle Conversion Switzerland”. Further information can also be found on the ASA website.
As you can see, you have a one-time cost of 499 CHF and can thus save yourself many nerves and unresolved questions. In the gallery you can see examples of which conversions are possible with the expert report. What are you waiting for? Start your own project and create your dream of Cafe Racer! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.